Who is GreenSeal?
GreenSeal Weatherization is a BPI Accredited Energy Efficiency Contractor which provides elementary Building Envelope improvements, also known as Retrofitting, in a residence or commercial structure. We use the “Building as a System” methodology.
This whole home approach helps us to evaluate your homes energy efficiency, health, comfort, safety and environmental impact. We provide you with comprehensive and practical recommendations on home energy improvements, as well as offering advice on rebates, tax credits and financing options.
Our customers are people whose energy bills are too high, have rooms that get too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer. They may also have health and safety concerns about the air quality in their home.
Our first step is to test their home with new technology based on the applied physics of Building Science. GreenSeal Weatherization brings specialized equipment to do the testing. This equipment includes combustion analyzers, blower door testers, moisture meters and infrared cameras that see into walls among other devices.
We collect data to create an energy model of the home. We then use that model to compare actual energy usage and acceptable usage for that home. After reviewing the results with the homeowner our specially trained and certified crews implement recommended solutions. When the work is complete the home is tested once again, proving the reduction of air leakage, improvement of air quality and energy savings.
Our mission is to improve the comfort, health, safety, durability and energy efficiency of our clients’ homes
THE GREENSEAL EFFECT
The GreenSeal Effect is our unique process which will take your home from its current state to an extremely energy efficient structure. This is will reduce your energy consumption and save you money on your energy bills.
The GreenSeal Effect starts with a complete walk through of your home where we Audit your homes efficiency and continues right through to the completion of work.
HOME PERFORMANCE IS BASED UPON WHAT WE CALL THE 5 PILLARS OF HOME PERFORMANCE
1. Safety: Assessing the safety of a home is an important part (maybe the most important) of a home performance contractor’s job. Back drafting appliances that may be sending carbon monoxide into the home, unsafe levels of formaldehyde from building materials, are all potential safety issues that a home performance contractor is trained to address.
2. Health: Indoor air quality is listed by the EPA as one of the top environmental threats to human health. A home performance contractor’s job is to ensure that your home’s indoor air quality is not a threat to you or your family’s health.
3. Comfort: Our home is our refuge. It should be comfortable. Drafty rooms, cold spots, unpleasant humidity and heat in the summer, poor quality lighting or incandescent lighting that creates unnecessary excess heat in the summer, are all avoidable unpleasantries. A home performance contractor can help.
4. Durability: Imperfections within a building, in addition to causing discomfort raising health concerns, can also have long term repercussions. Moisture problems causing rot in framing, or insufficient insulation causing ice dams, are among the durability concerns that a home performance contractor will pinpoint and then tackle.
5. Efficiency: Last but not least, home performance is about ensuring that a home is cost effective to live in. If a mechanic told you that a few simple improvements could drastically improve the fuel efficiency of your car, that’s something most of us would jump on. That’s what a home performance contractor does for your house.